If only you could exercise while you were asleep; benefits await if we can improve our fitness and state of well-being while sitting. Most employees are in the sitting position more than any other position and learning to use a chair safely and efficiently can prevent serious health problems.
There are two different areas of the work environment to evaluate:
- How the body is positioned at the workstation and for how long.
- How the workstation restricts or aids in the functional well-being of the body.
The Keep Fit While You Sit Challenge incorporates:
- Logging shifts in posture and positioning at the workstation without interrupting productivity.
- Regular spinal elongation techniques with daily implementation
- Accountability with a Posture Buddy at work.