A 6-week Beginner's Yoga series (1 hour each week) designed to help attendees feel comfortable attending yoga classes.
This series assumes NO prior knowledge of yoga postures, movements, breathing techniques, and is suitable for people of all fitness levels. Names of poses, options for practicing them safely (modifications), and props will be introduced (though not necessary to have on hand).
- Foundational concepts + standing postures
- Basic seated postures + breathing technique
- Balancing & inverting safely + long/smooth breathing
- Kneeling & prone postures + fuller breathing
- Reclined postures + Ujjayi breathing
- Sample yoga class (we'll put together what we've learned)
It's recommended this series is limited to 10 participants so the instructor can address questions and the individual needs of the group. Participant cameras must be ON so the instructor can provide appropriate feedback & guidance.
If desired, the first week's content can be delivered as a sample session.
"I really enjoyed taking Kali's Beginner's Yoga series. Kali explains and describes the poses well so that beginners can feel comfortable & competent. She's great at describing alternate ways of getting the same benefit or stretch without stressing knees, backs, etc. I always feel good when we're finished." -Anne C.