The talk will uncover the mystery behind on-going (chronic) pain and why some people may experience it while others don't. We will look into the neuro-science mechanisms underlying pain and therefore understand the causes and treatment of chronic pain from a bio-psycho-social perspective. In turn, ideas around medicinal, conservative and self-management of chronic pain, will be explored.
Attendees Will Learn
-What is chronic pain
-Causes of chronic pain
-Management of chronic pain
About This Speaker
Marnin is a Physical Therapist & Physiotherapist specializing in Pain Management. He has managed his own practice in a multidisciplinary clinic in South Africa and London and worked in association with the Donald Gordon Medical Centre Pain Unit as well as other medical specialists. Through adopting a bio-psycho-social model of practice, he specializes in treating chronic and complex pain conditions and general musculoskeletal or orthopedic pathology and sports injuries. In addition, he was also a part time faculty member and has lectured on the topics of pain management, pain neuroscience and musculoskeletal rehabilitation. He is currently involved in pain science research and is publishing on this topic.
Education & Experience
- Current PhD student in Pain Management and Pain Neuroscience
- Masters degree in Pain Science
- BSc Degree in Physical Therapy
- BA Honors degree in Clinical Psychology
- Over 15 years of hands-on clinical experience in the field of pain management.
- Marin has talked in numerous conferences, congresses and seminars on this subject matter and has lectured as a faculty member in various universities on this topic.