Credit scores have become absolutely vital to achieving financial mobility and success. A good credit score (or higher) is necessary for access to certain jobs, housing, and financial opportunities. Credit scores are also the bane of existence for many people who have experienced financial setbacks or challenges at some point. If a low credit score is holding you back from your dreams, it’s time to do something about it.
Attendees Will Learn
-The different types of credit accounts and how they work
-How your credit score impacts you financially
-Learning what should and should not be in your credit report
-FREE resources to help resolve negative items in your credit report
-11 tried-and-true steps to make your credit score soar
About This Speaker
Yolanda is a certified financial coach who provides personal finance and wealth building training. She helps professional women and diverse professionals master their money, so that they can achieve all of their financial dreams. Her specialty is empowering her clients with actionable strategies to maximize their earnings, build and increase wealth, and enjoy their dream lifestyle and retirement.
Yolanda has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Since 2014, Yolanda has conducted, created and/or presented personal finance and leadership workshops for professionals, women’s trade organizations, diverse adult groups at schools, colleges, and non-profit organizations, and high-school and college students.
Education and Experience
- Certified Financial Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology
- Member of the National Society of Leadership and Success
- Featured in media outlets such as Forbes, MSN Money, Sisters from AARP, The Greater Newark Enterprises Corporation, The Buckeye Review and BlackDollars.org.
- Has worked with Xerox, H&R Block, Chase Mellon Shareholder Services, Talent Partners and similar companies
- Extensively experienced in serving black women and diverse clients & groups
"I thought Yolanda gave a nice overview and provided explanations of a lot of basics so that way everyone can learn and be on the same page. she answered a lot of employee questions as well."