If you struggle to meet deadlines, find yourself doing anything and everything except the thing you really need to get done, please know you're not alone. We all do it and then feel ashamed or frustrated later. Procrastination, avoidance and striving for perfectionism can impact your work life, home life, stress levels and your relationships. But there is good news! Science has shown that there are biological reasons for our avoidance tendencies. And, best of all, there are practical tools and strategies you can put into place right away. This talk will help your team members build their mindfulness, shift their thinking and release the procrastination - rush to get it done - it's not good enough - shame and blame cycle.
Attendees Will Learn
-Why our brains are wired to procrastinate and avoid certain situations, people or projects
- How striving to be perfect is the underlying cause of both procrastination and avoidance
- Strategies for identifying and shifting avoidant, perfectionist and procrastination patterns in your life
About this Speaker
Bevin is a leadership mentor and life coach. She has been leading personal and professional development workshops for over 20 years, appearing as an expert speaker on multiple global online summits. In her group workshops, she provides practical tools and strategies you can put to work right away, to improve your well-being, health, career and personal relationships. In addition to presenting, Bevin facilitates an active discussion with the your team or group, so the strategies can be tailored to the participants.
Education & Experience
- Vice President of a 50-year old nonprofit organization
- Managed a $1 million account portfolio for the largest landscape company in the United States
- University trained in fine arts, art history and education