Participants will learn about common mental health conditions (depression, work anxiety, panic attacks, social isolation, stress) and its effect on its health effect on Boomers, Generation X, Millennials and Generation Z; mental health stigma and how to reduce stereotyping through appropriate language; burnout, stress and striving for balance. Includes interactive discussions/exercises on what to do to improve individual mental wellness in the workplace, strategies to support fellow employees and suggestions for workplace culture. The session ends with a hands-on wellness activity.
*This talk can be offered as a 90 minute presentation for leaders & managers for additional credits.
Attendees Will Learn
-about common mental health conditions
-to recognize mental health stigma
-mental wellness strategies to use
Watch Susan on Welnys TV https://tv.welnys.com/programs/fatigue
About this Speaker
Susan is a worksite wellness communications expert and health coach specializing in health promotion and wellness education. She works with individuals, corporations, benefits consultants and HR departments to design and implement management, education and communications strategies for wellness programs to increase participation, engagement and satisfaction for overall health and well-being.
Education and Experience
- Accredited by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Certified Wellness Coach
- National CDC Diabetes Prevention Lifestyle Coach
- Faculty Member of The Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- She has volunteered with the Arthritis Foundation, the United Way, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the Girl Scouts, Northwestern University, Columbia College, and mentors college graduates in their career development.
- Master of Science in Managerial Communications from Northwestern University
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications from Michigan State University
- She is a certified ACSM Group Exercise Instructor and Silver Sneakers Instructor, triathlete, golfer, walking enthusiast and yoga practitioner.
- Certified in Mental Health First Aid